- Visit Multiplay websites;
- Choose to interact with the Multiplay and forum pages on the Services;
- Use our B2C Game servers and voice over internet phone (VOIP) services;
- Use Multiplay Developer Services;
- Play games or use applications created by Developers and hosted on Multiplay Software;
- Play games or use applications that employ Multiplay Analytics to help Developers understand how their applications perform;
- Play games or use applications that employ the Multiplay Service to help facilitate multiplayer game play.
We receive information about Users, their devices, locations, and interactions with the Service primarily in two ways:
- Actively: When Users actively provide us with information. For example, when a User creates an account with Multiplay, he or she will type in a name, username, and email address and may be required to provide a date of birth or other information.
- Passively: When our systems automatically collect information about browsers, devices, and certain activity within the Service. For example, when Users access games that employ Google Analytics, our systems (with assistance from the Developers who want our help to analyze the use of their games) may automatically collect a variety of information from User devices and User game activity, including device name, device characteristics, unique identifiers, and platform identifiers (e.g., SteamIDs).
3. WHO WE ARE
This website is owned and controlled by Multiplay (UK) Limited. The company registration number is 03370594. Please note we are in the process of updating our registration with UK Information Commissioner’s Office to reflect the acquisition by Unity Technologies and the appointment of DPO for Unity companies.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, how we run the website, or your dealings with us, please contact us at DPO@multiplay.co.uk.
4. DATA PROTECTION ACT
We have notiﬁed the Data Protection Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) that we may obtain information about data subjects.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED BY US
5.1 You will appreciate that we need to gather some personal information from you when you wish to buy our products or services. The full details of the information we need is set out on the registration form. You can volunteer some of the information we ask, but you are obliged to ﬁll in all the boxes marked with an asterisk if you wish to register with and/or purchase from us.
5.2 We may, on occasions, collect additional personal information from surveys and competitions, which you will not be obliged to ﬁll in or return to us.
5.3 The information you provide will enable us to provide information about our company and services to you and to contact you. We will only provide this information where you indicate that you wish to receive further information from us on a regular basis.
5.4 We also collect demographic and proﬁle data on our website. This information may be combined with other forms of information to permit us to bring together, in aggregate form, information about the people who use our site. Such information will enable us to understand, in general terms, user preferences in relation to the content of the website and the effectiveness of advertising (for example, advertisers may ﬁnd it useful if you can inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day)
6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services.
- To complete your transactions and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use. We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you. We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information. We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyber attacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests; We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Multiplay (UK) Limited is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information. We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us. These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information:
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations. This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is important These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement. For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction. We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
7. IP ADDRESS & COOKIES
7.1 When you enter our website, we use your internet protocol (“IP”) address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website and to help identify you. We also have the ability to know what type of operating system and browser software you use and to identify the geographical location of your browser. Your IP address is also used by us to gather broad demographic information and other purposes, such as monitoring visitor frequency and to assess which of our pages are the most popular.
8. DATA TRANSFERS OUT OF COUNTRY OF COLLECTION & DATA RETENTION
Multiplay has implemented and maintains a framework consistent with applicable law for transfers of data outside of the country of collection, including for transfers out of the EEA.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
Additional Information Regarding The EEA
Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available at:https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
9. SECURE STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
9.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password conﬁdential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
9.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; and transmission is at your own risk.
9.4 Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses Made of & Sharing Information
9.5 We use information held about you in the following ways:8.1.1 to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
9.6 We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by electronic means (e-mail and SMS) where you have consented to this.
9.7 We share the information we gather with advertisers and other partners. The information we share comprises information in aggregate form only. We do not share personal information about anybody unless we have your speciﬁc permission to do so.
9.8 You have the option on the relevant website page to indicate whether you wish to receive promotional e-mail about the services that we and our advertisers offer. We will not send you any such promotional e-mail if you do not indicate your agreement to receive such information.
Disclosure of Your Information
9.9 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as deﬁned in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
9.10 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:9.2.1 In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
9.11 Multiplay or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
9.12 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Multiplay, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Telling You What Information We Hold About You (Access, Correction, & Erasure)
9.13 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you wish to know what information we hold on you, please contact us. We will only send this information to the e-mail address we have on ﬁle, unless you send us your postal address and request us to send the information to you at your postal address, and then only if we have properly authenticated you.
9.14 If you request us to remove your personal information from our database or you wish us to amend or change the information we hold about you on our database, we will remove or amend any such information on your request.
9.15 You may change and modify the information you have previously provided to us by sending an e-mail or writing to us at the address given in paragraph 3.