This Privacy Statement is provided by Multiplay (UK) Limited (referred to as “Multiplay”, “us”, “our” or “we” in these terms) for the information of visitors to and users of (referred to as “you” or “your” in these terms) our website.
We are committed to your rights of privacy. This is why we have set out the privacy guidelines below.
3. Who we are
This website is owned and controlled by Multiplay (UK) Limited. The company registration number is 03370594 .
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, how we run the website or your dealings with us, please contact us using the support details located on our contact us page.
4. Data Protection Act
We have notified the Data Protection Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) that we may obtain information about data subjects.
5. Information Gathered by Us
- 5.1 You will appreciate that we need to gather some personal information from you when you wish to buy our products or services. The full details of the information we need is set out on the registration form. You can volunteer some of the information we ask, but you are obliged to fill in all the boxes marked with an asterisk if you wish to register with and/or purchase from us.
- 5.2 We may, on occasions, collect additional personal information from surveys and competitions, which you will not be obliged to fill in or return to us.
- 5.3 The information you provide will enable us to provide information about our company and services to you and to contact you. We will only provide this information where you indicate that you wish to receive further information from us on a regular basis.
- 5.4 We also collect demographic and profile data on our website. This information may be combined with other forms of information to permit us to bring together, in aggregate form, information about the people who use our site. Such information will enable us to understand, in general terms, user preferences in relation to the content of the website and the effectiveness of advertising ( for example, advertisers may find it useful if you can inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day)
6. IP Address & Cookies
- 6.1 When you enter our website, we use your internet protocol (“IP”) address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website and to help identify you. We also have the ability to know what type of operating system and browser software you use and to identify the geographical location of your browser. Your IP address is also used by us to gather broad demographic information and other purposes, such as monitoring visitor frequency and to assess which of our pages are the most popular.
7. Secure Storage of Your Personal Data
- 7.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
7.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do out best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Uses Made of & Sharing Information
- 8.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 8.1.1 to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 8.1.2 to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 8.1.3 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 8.1.4 to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- 8.1.5 to notify you about changes to our service.
- 8.2 We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by electronic means (e-mail and SMS) where you have consented to this.
- 8.3 We share the information we gather with advertisers and other partners. The information we share comprises information in aggregate form only. We do not share personal information about anybody unless we have your specific permission to do so.
- 8.4 You have the option on the relevant website page to indicate whether you wish to receive promotional e-mail about the services that we and our advertisers offer. We will not send you any such promotional e-mail if you do not indicate your agreement to receive such information.
9. Disclosure of Your Information
- 9.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
- 9.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 9.2.1 In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- 9.2.2 Multiplay or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- 9.2.3 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Multiplay, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
10. Registration, Order Forms, Surveys & Contests
- 10.1 Our registration forms, surveys and competitions ask you to provide us with your contact details, such as name, postal and e-mail addresses. In addition, we need financial information, such as details of your bank account or credit card number when you order from us.
- 10.2 The information you provide will enable us to provide information about our company to you and to contact you. We will only provide this information where you indicate that you wish to receive further information from us on a regular basis.
11. Telling You What Information We Hold About You
- 11.1 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you wish to know what information we hold on you, please contact us. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs of providing the details of information we hold. We will only send this information to the e-mail address we have on file, unless you send us your postal address and request us to send the information to you at your postal address.
- 11.2 If you request us to remove your personal information from our database or you wish us to amend or change the information we hold about you on our database, we will remove or amend any such information on your request.
- 11.3 You may change and modify the information you have previously provided to us by sending an e-mail or writing to us at the address given in paragraph 3.